WhatsApp requires your phone number to start the service, and anyone added to our contact list can see this number.
- Whatsapp needs your phone number to continue the service.
- It is not possible to hide your phone number on WhatsApp.
- But this does not mean that you can not hide your existing contacts.
When registering on WhatsApp, registering a phone number is an indispensable process, but not everyone, especially those who love privacy, do not like this idea. WhatsApp requires your phone number to start the service, and anyone who joins our contact list can see this contact number.
It is not possible to hide your phone number on WhatsApp. To allow the application to connect to the service, your valid phone number is required. But this does not mean that you can not hide your existing contacts. You can use a trick to hide your current phone number on Whatsapp.
To hide your current phone number, you must first have another phone number. WhatsApp also provides a feature through which you can notice if you convert all your contacts to your new phone number in WhatsApp, but this feature is useful if you want to know your phone number. The things we are talking about here help to hide your phone number from your contacts.
To use your current phone number without using your contacts, follow these steps:
- Get a new phone number that you do not want to share with everyone.
- Uninstall Whatsapp from your device now.
- Remove the old SIM card from your phone and insert it into another phone that can receive SMS.
- Now insert your new SIM card into the device.
- Reinstall WhatsApp and start the registration process.
- The application will ask you to enter a valid phone number. Instead of entering your number, enter the number.
- WhatsApp will send an OTP to your previous SIM card. Use this OTP to verify usage and you can now use WhatsApp with your previous phone number. This is the method that helps your new phone number will be hidden from all your contacts.